BILS youth services focuses on providing young people with the social skills, encouragement and support they need in order to be successful in our society and accomplish their academic and employment goals. Supporting young people while transitioning from school into adult life is a strong commitment of BILS and our youth services program. Parents are provided with the information necessary to understand their children needs and the resources to advocate for them.
Services Offered by the Program
- Assistance with post-secondary school admission process
- Development of independent living skills; such as time management
- Financial literacy
- Workshops on current issues affecting young adults
- Exploring career options and employment services
- Participating in internships and extracurricular activities
- Leadership development skills
All services are available to youth, parents and those in the community working with youths. There are no specific requirements for participation in in the youth program, just a desired to be involved in achieving personal goals. All services are free of charge.
Director of Early Childhood Direction Center & Youth Services
Direct: 718-515-2800 Ext. 132